Robostak™ - High performance lamination
A high quality lamination process is the most crucial step that influences the final quality of the solar panel, and the life of the solar panel. Typically lamination is achieved by each module being placed in a heated vacuum chamber where silicone sheets or membranes apply pressure by means of vacuum. The problem with the typical laminator is that silicone membranes tend to rupture frequently, and furthermore, because pressure around the edges of the solar panel is greater when a silicone membrane is used, the solar panel loses useful area around the edges. This edge pinch can also compromise the solar panel quality, especially when producing glass-glass panels, as the glass itself will tend to “return” to its original form over the years, allowing air and humidity to infiltrate the solar panel.
Teknisolar has built the solution that eliminates all of these inherent problems.
The main benefits of the Robostak™ Gen. V membrane-less PV panel laminator are:
- No costs and down time associated with membrane replacement
- Reduced maintenance time and costs
- No risk to scrap panels if one of the membranes suddenly fails
- No EVA squeezed out due to edge pinch effect and reduced down time for cleaning
- No need to temper the back glass to avoid breakages in case of glass-glass panels
- Potentially no need of butyl tape on the periphery in between the two glasses to create a barrier in case of glass-glass panels
Teknisolar’s unique solutions allow lamination of photovoltaic panels in a very short cycle time, greatly reducing production costs and energy consumption compared to current laminators available on the market.
List of Equipment
- One loading conveyor
- One Robostak Gen V membrane-less laminator
- One curing section
- One unloading conveyor with cooling
- One electrical cabinet
- Vacuum pump skid
- High heating uniformity +/- 2°c
- Low energy consumption
- Small footprint required for installation
- Low cost of ownership
- Fully automated
- 12 month warranty period
- Laminators are fully tested prior to shipment
- Periodic check-ups
- Phone support line and remote assistance
- Emergency call out service
- Spare parts management
Our laminators are available in three dimensions. The following calculations are based on 300 working days per year. Ranges depend on number of production shifts and cells per panel.
1 – Module Laminator: 39-65MW
2 – Module Laminator: 78-130 MW
3 – Module Laminator: 117-198 MW
Cycle time depends on the composition of the module.
Cycle time is 1/3 or 1/4 of total process time.
This is Teknisolar’s advantage: optimal get content (for EVA), perfect adhesion, perfect edge sealing, defect-free lamination in record time.